This course has been designed to be completed either by attending a formal workshop or by attempting to complete the course on your own through RPL (distance learning)
This course has been organised into 4 parts:
Module I: Setting the Standard - deals with understanding the skills development landscape and also explores all the legal bodies and NQF concepts involved.
Module II: Outcomes Based Education and Training - will explore the differences between previous training models and the new outcomes based education and training model.
Module Ill: Outcomes Based Assessments - focuses on the actual assessment process of describes the 6 stages of assessment and the related procedures to carry out these stages successfully.
Module IV: Recognition of Prior Learning - focuses on the practices of RPL, who should apply for RPL and the other relevant aspects that will make RPL work in the workplace.
The goals and objectives of this course is up-skill you to a level where you will be able to assess candidates against unit standards and/or qualifications or even curriculum statements
The following learning outcomes will be achieved by completing this course successfully:
- Demonstrate an understanding of outcomes based assessments
- Prepare for assessment
- Conduct assessments
- Provide feedback on assessments
- Review assessments
- An overview of the NQF system of SAQA, and the Skills Development Act
- Assessment principles and methods
- Assessment implementation and procedures
- Feedback after assessment and documentation required
- Evidence of competence
- Recognition of prior learning implementation
- Portfolio preparation
- Assessment systems