This course has been organised into 5 parts: Each part has a corresponding video lecture/s and associated quizzes. Learners are required to watch the videos, do the readings, and complete the 6 lesson quizzes in order to pass the course. Additional activities, such as forums and projects, are highly encouraged
Lecture I: this module deals with the introduction to leadership and the formation of teams. The module also deals with the dynamics of teams and the role of the leader and the team You need to complete all required weekly activities in Module I in order to begin Module II
Lecture II: will follow immediately after Module I and deals with leadership styles. During this module we will also explore managing time effectively and what makes an effective leader
Lecture Ill: will follow immediately after Module ll and looks at motivation and motivational theories.
Lecture IV: This module looks at .
Lecture V: This last module looks at problem solving and the various problem solving techniques. It follows immediately after Module lV
This workshop is based on the SAQA-registered unit standard/s
- 242824 – Apply leadership concepts in a work context on NQF Level 4 with 12 credits.
- 242821 - Identify responsibilities of a team leader in ensuring that organisational standards are met on NQF Level 4 with 6 credits
- 242819 - Motivate and Build a Team on NQF Level 4 with 10 credits
- 242822 - Employ a systematic approach to achieving objectives on NQF Level 4 with 10 credits
- 242811 - Prioritise time and work for self and team on NQF Level 4 with 5 credits
- 242817 - Solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions on NQF Level 4 with 8 credits
The course is registered with FoodBev SETA as a Skills Programme with registration number 09SP00046806514/0 on NQF Level 4 with 51 credits towards the qualification National Certificate: Generic Management NLRD 57712
The following learning outcomes will be achieved by completing this course successfully:
- Explain the concept of leadership
- Differentiate between the concepts of leadership and management
- Apply leadership techniques to individuals and teams within the work context
- Evaluate the impact of leadership techniques applie
- Explain the role of a team leader
- Explain the purpose of team
- Contract with team to obtain commitment
- Monitor the achievement of team objectives
- Explain the importance of motivating a team
- Demonstrate an understanding of self a team members in a workplace
- Apply theories of motivation and group dynamics
- Implement a plan of action to strengthen a team
- Provide feedback and recognise achievements
- Define a problem
- Investigate the proble
- Generate problem solutions
- Implement problem solution
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the solution
- Identify, explain and describe the purpose and process of scheduling activities in own business.
- Organise and prepare business activities and estimate their duration.
- Develop strategies to deal with interruptions
- Develop an effective business schedule
- Describe the management activities involved in running a successful business.
- Explain the basic activities involved in the management process.
- Identify and explaining the main tasks required of managers.
- Apply the decision making process to make a management decision.
- Analyse the application of the general management functions in a selected organisation